A place to actually have fun with work.
We’re a small team, and we’re looking for people to make a big impact. This means you should want to take on lots of responsibility and be able to manage projects independently. You should be able to think critically about a problem, evaluate the solution set, and be able to pick the right course of development given the set of constraints.
We’re looking for people who want to face the challenges of a startup and want to develop something awesome. You should be constantly excited by questions like: How do you optimize apps for mobile devices. You should get excited about creating beautiful looking apps that are extremely fast and simple to use. You should get a thrill out of integrating apps to the cloud and making it social. You should be able to design and implement systems that scale seamlessly.
- A college degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- A scrappy, entrepreneurial attitude that gets high-quality projects done quickly.
- Deep understanding, familiarity and skill with programming for the web.
- Ability to touch many different parts of our system such as: developing distributed architecture for cloud, debugging weird animation quirks, implementing optimized graphics algorithms in C or OpenGL. Point is: you should be able to pick up new things very quickly.
- Be able to write elegant, readable, and well-documented code.
- Have mastered the curly braces (Objective-C, Java, or PHP) and OOP.
- Have played with MySQL and maybe even MongoDB.
- Have a very special place in your heart for the web and technology.
- Have a disciplined approach to development, testing, and quality assurance.
- Are ready to work with a team of other smart developers.
- Contributions to open source projects, blogs, books, and high scores on Stack Overflow.
- A B.Tech. / M.Tech. in Computer Science or related field — This helps us understand you, but a degree means less to us than proven ability.
- Experience with iOS development and cloud technologies.
- Working knowledge of Mac and Linux
We believe that design isn’t just about pretty pixels; instead, it’s a full understanding of how the apps we build interact with the people that use them. An ideal design candidate will have a deep portfolio of top-notch design projects.
- Visual design of our products: Everything from designing pixel-perfect shadows and highlights on a button in Photoshop to refining existing icons and logos in Illustrator. You should be able to churn out beautiful work that shows an understanding of the design challenges we face.
- Ability to create rapid prototypes to communicate design ideas. We’re not just looking for people who obsess over the details – we’re also looking for people who can communicate new ideas as quickly and efficiently as possible. You should be able to use plain pencil & paper to construct and communication variations on ideas to the product team.
- In-depth working knowledge of Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Ability to modify and construct solid HTML and CSS is a BIG plus. You should be comfortable with moving designs from Photoshop to code.
- A B.A. in design or a similar field, or equivalent
- Competitive salary
- Open and fun office environment
- Steady supply of snacks and drinks
- Catered lunch everyday
- Paid time off and holidays
- Video games!
To apply, send in your resumes to jobs@iAppStreet.com.